My creation from last night was a big success, when a girlfriend came over to catch up. I made this tasty Mexican-like oven dish as an entire meal, but you can also leave the rice and have it as a snack.
Here’s how you do it.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
350g ground beef
1 bag of taco seasoning mix (available in your supermarket)
2 onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 red bell pepper/ paprika, chopped
1 bag of tortilla chips
150g of grated cheese
Rice (for 2 or 3 people)
Prepare this dish in 10 simple steps.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Brown the ground beef in a large pan with a bit of cayenne pepper.
- Add one onion, garlic and bell pepper and stir for 10 minutes.
- Add the taco seasoning mix with a cup of water and stir for 3 minutes.
- Put the ingredients from the pan in a large oven dish.
- Stick the tortilla chips in the mix like you can see on the photograph.
- Layer the ground beef and chips with all of the grated cheese and the second onion.
- Slide the oven dish into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Prepare the rice.
- Serve your dish with the rice.
Tip: Serve with a fresh salad and the rest of the tortilla chips.