As you may or may not know, apart from being a movie fanatic, I also like to spend my time in the kitchen making lovely meals. This one I made last night, and I figured I would share this with whoever is interested.
This zucchini soup is spicy, and also great for vegetarians! With some nice bread, this could be a whole meal. Perfect for at the end of a cold, hard day.
Preparation time: 30 minutes.
2 spoons of olive oil
2 zucchinis, diced
3 or 4 garlic cloves, peeled
½ litre of chicken or vegetable broth/stock (v)
1 big onion, chopped
200g of creme fraiche or milk
2 spoons of pesto
50g of spicy arugula leaves/rocket salad
1 red pepper (or you could just put tabasco on the table)
Salt and pepper
You will be needing two main things for making this delicious soup; a stick blender and a large deep pot/pan.
Make your soup in 8 simple steps:
- Heat the oil in a large deep pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion, zucchinis and garlic, and cook for 10 minutes until it starts to soften.
- Add the stock and cook for a further 10 minutes until it’s hot.
- Add the red pepper, crème fraîche and pesto.
- Add the arugula leaves.
- Put the heat at its lowest and whizz with a stick blender until smooth.
- Add some salt and pepper.
- Enjoy your soup!
Tip: Serve with rosemary breadsticks.